Want to save on holiday purchases? Of course you do.
- Many of us are doing the majority of our holiday shopping right now.
- Take advantage of price match guarantees during the holiday season if you want to maximize your savings.
- Target’s holiday price match guarantee offers price matching through Dec. 24.
During the holiday season, many of us shop more than usual. Whether you’re buying gifts for others or making essential purchases that you’ve been putting off all year, holiday sales can help you spend less money at the checkout line. But you could get an even better deal by taking advantage of price match guarantees. One popular retailer you likely already shop at has a holiday price match guarantee that could help you save.
Target wants you to get a great deal
Did you know that 75% of the U.S. population lives within 10 miles of a Target store? You likely do at least some of your shopping at Target. If you plan to buy some holiday gifts at Target, you’ll want to know about the retailer’s holiday price match guarantee.
Here are the important details:
If you buy an item at Target, whether in-store or online, and the price is reduced at Target on or before Dec. 24, 2022, you can request a price match. You must show proof of purchase. While most items are eligible, there are some exclusions — so review the policy details.
Target’s holiday price match guarantee runs from Oct. 6, 2022, through Dec. 24, 2022. This policy could help you score a better deal on an expensive purchase.
Keep this information in mind as you shop. It’s not a bad idea to monitor the prices for items you’ve recently purchased at Target. The Target mobile app is a valuable resource that can help you view product prices in seconds, so it doesn’t take a lot of effort to get a better deal.
Four other ways to save money and earn rewards at Target
With higher-than-usual prices everywhere we look, many of us are on a tight budget this winter. Any little bit of money saved can make a big difference in helping you stay on track financially.
Below are a few tips to help you get a great deal while shopping at Target:
- Join the Target Circle Rewards program to earn rewards: Target’s free rewards program could help you keep more money in your bank account. When you shop at Target, whether online or in-person, you’ll earn 1% cash back on eligible purchases. Previous earnings are applied as a discount to your shopping bill — helping you save money every time you shop.
- Clip offers to get discounts: Target Circle Rewards program members can also take advantage of fantastic deals. Within the Target mobile app, you can clip Target Circle offers. You’ll get a discount when you clip an offer and buy an eligible item. For example, members can get 20% off gingerbread house and cookie kits right now.
- Use the mobile app and sales fliers to shop: Target does an excellent job of outlining its sale items within its sales fliers and in its mobile app. You can better plan your Target runs and take advantage of sales by using these tools when creating your shopping list.
- Pay with a rewards credit card: When you use the Target Red Card, you can enjoy a 5% discount. This discount is an extra 4% beyond the standard 1% discount offered through the Target Circle Rewards program. If you don’t have this credit card, there are other rewards credit cards that could help you earn valuable rewards.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed about holiday spending, you’re not alone. But you may be able to save some money by being strategic. By finding small ways to save and earn valuable rewards, you can better stick to your personal finance goals, even during an expensive time of year.
Alert: highest cash back card we’ve seen now has 0% intro APR until 2024
If you’re using the wrong credit or debit card, it could be costing you serious money. Our expert loves this top pick, which features a 0% intro APR until 2024, an insane cash back rate of up to 5%, and all somehow for no annual fee.
In fact, this card is so good that our expert even uses it personally. Click here to read our full review for free and apply in just 2 minutes.