It’s a day of Apple Watch deals. At Walmart and on Amazon, you can get a great deal on the Apple Watch Series 7, Apple’s latest smartwatch that has a bigger screen than prior generations, along with fast charging. Each retailer has a limited selection of color options available in both the 41mm and 45mm sizing with GPS onboard. Normally $399, you can snag the blue, green, or red variants (with matching case and band colors) for $329 — the best price ever.
If you want the 45mm-sized case, the price drop is equally sweet. Instead of paying $429, it costs $359.99 for the green, red, or blue aluminum 45mm watches at Walmart and Amazon (the blue option isn’t as steeply discounted on Amazon, by the way). Read our review of the Series 7.
If you don’t want to spend that much on a smartwatch, there’s good news. The Apple Watch SE, Apple’s more budget-friendly smartwatch that’s a much smarter buy than the older Series 3 Watch, is also seeing price drops.
Normally $279 for the 40mm GPS model, multiple color variants that include an aluminum case and a sport band cost $229 at Amazon and Walmart. Just a heads-up, the color selection at Walmart is a little better than Amazon’s. This price is $10 shy of its best price ever, which took place during Black Friday 2021. The 44mm size with GPS is $50 off, too, at Walmart and Amazon (again, the color selection is better at Walmart). Instead of costing $409, the price has dropped to $259.
Compared to the Apple Watch Series 3, which it comes closest to in Apple’s lineup in terms of price, the SE is faster. It also has more sensors for more thorough health tracking and doesn’t require this terrible, arcane process for updating its software. Read our full review.
We highlighted this deal yesterday, but it bears repeating, especially if you’re picking up an Apple Watch today. Add the Beats Fit Pro to your Apple tech repertoire from Amazon for $199.95 and you’ll get a $25 Amazon gift card for free with purchase. This isn’t a price cut — just a value-add in case you’re in the market today.
In our review, Chris Welch called this model the “sporty AirPod Pros with better sound.” Here’s another quote from that review that might persuade you: “these are the best earbuds Beats has ever made.” They offer a great fit with their ear fins, and they also boast excellent noise cancellation. In addition to connecting seamlessly with the iPhone, Apple Watch, and more, they are compatible with Android, too. Read our review.
Yesterday, I published a review on Hori’s new Split Pad Pro Attachment, a clever wired controller for the Nintendo Switch. It actually builds upon a pre-existing product, the Split Pad Pro, which are like bigger, comfier Joy-Con alternatives. Since it costs $79.99 and doesn’t add useful features beyond a headphone jack for wired listening, I didn’t think the attachment was a great value.
At the end of the review, I recommended that most people just get the Split Pad Pros, which normally retail for $59.99 (sometimes less). But you can get an even better deal at Best Buy, where you can snag a translucent black set of Split Pad Pros for just $39.99.
Some other deals for you
- Anker’s 5,000mAh USB-C power bank that can snap onto MagSafe-compatible iPhones is down to $36.54 (normally $55) in a variety of colors on Amazon. While you can get batteries with a higher capacity for that price, its unique ability to stick to the iPhone 12 or iPhone 13-series phones might make it worth buying for some people (especially if you’ve considered Apple’s pricier MagSafe Battery Pack).
- Regularly $299.99, Adorama is currently selling the entry-level Xbox Series S for $249.99 when you use the promo code XBOXS2250 at checkout.
- Woot is discounting the 2022 version of Samsung’s The Frame TV in the 43-inch configuration to just $799.99 — a $200 discount and the first price drop we’ve seen on the 2022 model.
- The JBL Clip 4 portable Bluetooth speaker that boasts robust IP67 protection against water and dust is $20 off on Amazon. Normally $79.95, it’s $59.95. The speaker charges via USB-C, and it can easily be clipped into a backpack with its built-in carabiner clip.
- In case you haven’t noticed, prices are beginning to plummet (at long last) on graphics cards. While not necessarily cheap, Zotac’s RTX 3080 Ti that usually costs a whopping $1,899.99 is now down to $1,449.99 on Amazon. Newegg also has several GPUs in stock with prices slashed, which is great to see.