If the things you’re purchasing from Amazon don’t cover the total gift card amount, you might think you will lose your remaining balance. But here’s an interesting trick: use your Visa gift cards on Amazon for partial payments.
First, add your Visa gift card to your Amazon Payments account. Once your gift card balance has been added to your Amazon Payments account, you can use your Visa Gift card for partial payment. So, if the total purchase amount exceeds the e-gift card balance, the remaining will be deducted from your selected payment method.
In another case, if the total purchase amount is less than the e-gift card balance, your next purchase will consume the remaining e-gift card balance. With this little trick, you can easily use each penny of your Visa gift card. Let’s, explore more about Visa gift cards and partial payments on Amazon!
Ray Dalio On Stagflation, Recession And Why The U.S. Is More Polarized Than Ever
As things currently stand, the legendary Ray Dalio of Bridgewater, the world’s largest hedge fund firm, believes we’re heading for a recession in 2023 or 2024. So far, it looks like he’s been reading the markets right because Bridgewater is killing it right now with a year-to-date return of around 25%-ish, according to Dalio. Watching Read More
What Is A Visa Gift Card?
A Visa gift card is like a prepaid debit card but can’t be reloaded. It is a perfect replacement for cash. You can use it wherever Visa cards are accepted. You can purchase these gift cards from banks and other retailers.
When you receive a Visa Gift Card, it will come with a set PIN (personal identification number). You’ll need to use this PIN to make online or phone purchases. To use your Visa Gift Card at a store, simply present it at the time of purchase and sign the receipt.
To use this card, simply present it at the time of purchase. The amount of the purchase will be deducted from the card’s balance. You can’t change or reload the balance later. It is valid as long as it has balance. So, the spending limit of the gift card is the amount set by the purchaser.
Loading and Activating The Visa Gift Card
Like debit and credit cards, Visa gift cards require activation before use. The activation process is pretty simple; you can follow these steps to activate the card and start using it:
- Go to the Amazon website and log in to your account.
- Click on “Your Account” and then select “Payment Methods.”
- Click on the “Add a Payment Method” link.
- Select “Gift Card” as the payment method and enter your Visa Gift Card number.
- Enter the amount you want to spend on your card and click “Confirm.”
You can now use your Visa Gift Card on Amazon just like any other payment method! Remember to keep your card safe and secure, as with any other credit or debit card.
Are Visa Gift Cards Easy to Use?
Visa gift cards are the perfect replacement for cash, regular debit cards, or credit cards. There are, in fact, simple and easier to use. Visit the bank or any nearby retailer, and choose any card. Load it with any desired balance.
Activate it and then use it wherever Visa cards are accepted. As Visa is a global network, you can use Visa gift cards worldwide. With Visa gift cards:
- You don’t have to worry about any paperwork.
- You don’t need to pay any extra fee.
- You don’t have to stay in long lines at the bank to pay the card bills.
Just shop, shop and shop until all the amount in your Visa gift card is used!
How To Use A Visa Gift Card On Amazon?
You might wonder if you can also use your Visa gift cards on Amazon. The brief answer is yes. But it requires you to trick the website into thinking you are using a credit or debit card.
Here’s a detailed tutorial on how you can add your Visa gift card as a payment option on Amazon:
- Click on the Your Account option on the Amazon homepage.
- Scroll down to the Amazon Pay section and choose Add Gift Card to Your Balance option.
- Choose Add Money to Gift Card option on the next page.
- Write the amount in your Visa gift card in the required balance option.
- You will be redirected to the Payment methods page.
- Click on More Ways to Pay and choose Add Card from the given options.
- Write the required information, such as your Card Name, Number, Expiration Date, and Card Address (you should add your address as the gift card doesn’t have any specific location).
- Click on Confirm, and your Visa gift card will be successfully added to the Amazon Payment method as a regular debit/credit card.
Can You Pay Partially With A Gift Card?
Yes, you can pay partially with a gift card and a debit/credit card on Amazon. The payment has to be split between a gift card and a debit/credit card. Otherwise, Amazon doesn’t allow it. You can buy e-gift cards according to the price of things you want t purchase from Amazon. Later you can split the payment between an e-gift card and a debit/credit card.
Plus, there are some tips for using a gift card on Amazon. If you have an Amazon gift card, you can redeem it during the checkout process while shopping at Amazon.com. To use a gift card, enter the claim code during checkout and choose which payment method you want to use for the remaining balance. You will then apply the amount on your gift card to your order.
If you have an Amazon.com gift card and an Amazon Payments account, you can use your gift card balance to pay for items you purchase from third-party sellers on Amazon.com. To use your Amazon.com gift card balance to pay a third-party seller:
- Add items to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
- Select a payment method page, choose Amazon Payments, and then choose Change Payment Method.
- Under More Payment Options, choose Gift Cards.
- Enter your claim code, and the Amazon.com gift card balance will be applied to your order.
- Choose a payment method for the remaining balance of your order, and then choose Continue.
How To Use A Visa Gift Card On Amazon For Partial Payment?
A Visa gift card is similar to a debit/credit card, so you can simply add it to Amazon Payment Methods as a debit/credit card. But it will create a problem if the purchase amount is not the same as the gift card balance.
So, here is a two-way process that tricks Amazon into thinking that your Visa gift card is a debit/credit card:
Buy A Store eGift Card First
The first step is to buy an eGift Card from Amazon with the balance left on your Visa Gift Card. Don’t waste time doing maths about which eGift Card to purchase. Just buy it with the remaining Visa gift card balance.
For instance, buy an Amazon eGift Card for $10.35 left on your Visa gift card.
Use The Store Egift Card And A Debit/Credit Card
As soon as you get your eGift card, add it to the gift cards field on your Amazon account. This way, whenever you purchase on Amazon, Amazon will first deduct the amount from the gift card and the remaining amount from your debit/credit card. Thus, you will use your Visa gift card balance entirely without being wasted.
Is Amazon Not Doing Payment Plans?
Being a worldwide brand, Amazon also offers payment plans to ease the burdens of the shoppers. Amazon and Amazon store credit cards provide these payment plans. Some third parties also offer payment plans for qualifying Amazon purchases.
Can You Pay With a Visa Gift Card on Amazon?
Yes, you can use Visa Gift Cards to make purchases on Amazon. But remember that Amazon doesn’t allow you to split payments between gift cards. So, you should consider adding a Visa gift card as a debit/credit card on Amazon payment methods. In this way, you can use it for partial payments as well.
How Do I Add a Gift Card to My Amazon Account?
You can add a gift card to your Amazon account by following simple steps:
- Click on the Your Account tab on the Amazon homepage.
- Click on Redeem a Gift Card option under the Gift Cards section.
- Enter the required information, such as the card’s claim code (written on the back).
- Click on Confirm button, and that’s it!
Can You Use Vanilla Prepaid Cards on Amazon?
Yes, Vanilla gift (prepaid) cards are accepted wherever Mastercards are applicable. However, you can’t use them directly on Amazon. You need to enter the Vanilla prepaid card as a debit/credit card on Amazon payment methods to use for purchases.
Partial payments are a great option on Amazon. Although, you can’t make any partial payments with two debit or credit cards. Partial payment can only be between a gift card and a debit or credit card. You can trick Amazon by using your Visa gift card as a debit/credit card to add balance to Amazon gift cards. This way, you can make partial payments on your purchases on Amazon.