JumpStock / Getty Images
Sephora is a cosmetics retailer with over 2,700 stores worldwide, with its most significant sales being made online at Sephora.com. Frequent Sephora shoppers who sign up for Sephora’s Beauty Insider loyalty rewards program can earn cash-back points on purchases for future shopping.
Another way shoppers can earn Sephora savings is to get one of Sephora’s three credit cards. The Sephora credit card is a store credit card that can only be used at Sephora stores and online at Sephora.com. Sephora’s Visa card and Visa Signature card can be used at any location that accepts Visa.
For those who are regular Sephora shoppers or buy many beauty products, here are six reasons to consider getting a Sephora credit card.
1. Sephora Credit Card Sign-Up Bonuses
All new Sephora cardholders receive 25% off one in-store or online purchase. The discount must be used within 30 days of card approval, can only be used once and cannot be applied to previous purchases. While the 25% off discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts, it can be used on any Sephora product or service. This perk alone could net considerable savings.
Sephora Visa cardholders can also receive a $20 reward bonus for a future Sephora purchase by using the card to make $500 in non-Sephora purchases within the first 90 days after approval. The $20 will be combined with any other earned rewards and issued on the card’s billing statement.
2. Sephora Cash-Back Rewards
Sephora cardholders earn a 4% cash-back reward on all Sephora purchases, whether in a Sephora retail store or online at Sephora.com. Purchases from Sephora departments at other retailers do not earn this reward.
Sephora Visa cardholders can use the Sephora Visa card anywhere Visa is accepted and earn 1% cash-back rewards on all non-Sephora purchases and Sephora department purchases at other retailers.
Cash-back rewards may only be used toward Sephora purchases in-store or online. Cardholders must redeem rewards within 90 days of issuance, or the rewards expire. Unless otherwise specified, cash-back rewards cannot be combined with other Sephora discounts on purchases. Cardholders can easily track cash-back rewards on their billing statement, their online Sephora profile or the Sephora app.
Good To Know
Sephora Visa cardholders can use their card with Apple Pay. Cardholders will earn the same rewards for making purchases with Apple Pay as when using the Sephora Visa card.
3. Sephora Beauty Insider Rewards
Approved cardholders also earn rewards via Sephora’s Beauty Insider loyalty program. Credit card and loyalty program rewards points are combined for use toward future purchases.
4. Exclusive Cardholder Offers
All cardmembers receive exclusive offers throughout the year that may include discounted purchases and free-with-purchase offers. Cardholders still earn both cash-back rewards and Beauty Insider points on exclusive offer purchases.
5. No Annual Fee
Many rewards credit cards have an annual fee. If the card is not used regularly, the fees can eat up any benefits earned. None of the Sephora cards have an annual fee, including the Sephora Visa Signature card.
In the case of this policy changing and an annual fee being added to the card, federal law requires the issuing bank to notify cardholders 45 days before the new fee becomes effective. Cardholders can elect to close the card to avoid the annual fee.
6. Sephora Visa Signature Benefits
The Sephora Visa Signature card offers all the benefits of the Sephora Visa card as well as exclusive access to the following Visa Signature benefits:
- Visa Concierge: Assists with entertainment tickets and travel planning
- Roadside dispatch: Provides pay-per-use, 24/7 roadside assistance
- Zero liability policy: Protects the cardholder from unauthorized purchases
Frequent Sephora shoppers who get a Sephora credit card will see some savings, especially when used with the Beauty Insider loyalty rewards program. However, the cash-back rewards can only be used for Sephora purchases. Occasional shoppers might benefit more from another type of cash-back credit card rather than a Sephora card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to commonly asked questions about the Sephora credit card.
- How hard is it to get a Sephora credit card?
- Although several factors determine card eligibility, the Sephora Visa Signature card may require good to excellent credit to qualify. It is easier to get a Sephora credit card than to get a Sephora Visa card. Those with fair to good credit may qualify for the Sephora credit card. A card applicant’s credit score and income will determine eligibility for the Sephora credit cards and the credit limit.
- Can I use the Sephora Visa anywhere?
- The Sephora Visa card can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. However, purchases only earn 1% cash back when the card is used for non-Sephora purchases.
- How do I sign up for the Sephora credit card?
- You can apply for the Sephora credit card at any Sephora store, through the Sephora website or on the Sephora app. You’ll need to have your government-issued photo ID, a valid tax identification number – like your social security number – and a mailing address that is not a P.O. Box.
Rates and fees are subject to change.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Sephora. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Sephora.